Paladin – Retribution 1-80 Leveling Talent Build & Guide (3.3.5)
Remember, this talent build is only a « suggestion » but suits the situation of many. You can get it’s full potential by making some small changes here and there depending on your individual situation (gear, damage, survivability, etc.).
10 – 14: Benediction – 5/5
15 – 16: Improved Judgement – 2/2
17 – 19: Heart of the Crusader – 3/3
20 – 20: Seal of Command – 1/1
21 – 22: Pursuit of Justice – 2/2
23 – 27: Conviction – 5/5
28 – 30: Sanctity of Battle – 3/3
31 – 33: Two-Handed Weapon Specialization – 3/3
34 – 34: Sanctified Retribution – 1/1
34 – 37: Vengeance – 3/3
TALENT BUILD UNTIL 37: 0/0/28
TALENT BUILD UNTIL 42: 0/5/28
50 – 52: Fanaticism – 3/3
53 – 54: Sanctified Wrath – 2/2
55 – 55: Crusader Strike – 1/1
56 – 58: Sheath of Light – 3/3
59 – 59: Swift Retribution (Only 1) – 1/3
60 – 62: Righteous Vengeance – 3/3
63 – 64: Swift Retribution – 3/3
65 – 65: Divine Storm – 1/1
66 – 67: Crusade – 3/3
TALENT BUILD UNTIL 67: 0/5/53
68 – 72: Divinity – 5/5
TALENT BUILD UNTIL 72: 0/10/53
Now… Here comes the hardest part. None of the talents from 72 onwards are especially helpful to us. Some are decent (enough), however, so we’re going to give you some options on what to choose.
==/NOTE/== These are optional
TALENT BUILD UNTIL 74: 0/10/55
– When fighting keep up Seal of Righteousness.
– When you get Blessing of Might, once again, keep it up at all times.
– When you get Judgement of Light, use when ever available.
– Take the best DPS weapon you can; 1H with Shield or 2H. (At this stage the slow weapon is not too important.)Rotation: Auto attack + JoL when possible. Make sure Devotion Aura is ‘turned on.’ Keep the Blessing of Might and Seal of Righteousness Buff on yourself.
– When you get Judgement of Wisdom, start using it instead of Light. (This helps keep your mana up)
– When you get Retribution Aura, ‘turn it on’ instead of Devotion Aura.
– Start looking for a slow 2 handed weapon, so you have one for level 20. (A heirloom would be a good investment for this task)
– When you get Seal of Command, keep it up when fighting.
– If fighting more than 2 mobs use Consecration.
– Make sure you are now using a slow 2H weapon.
– When you get Hammer of Wrath, use it when the mob has less than 20% HP. Your finishing move!Rotation: Auto attack + JoW when possible. Use HoW when the mob has less than 20% HP. When you are fighting more than 2 mobs use Consecration. Make sure Retribution Aura is ‘turned on.’ Keep the Blessing of Might and Seal of Command Buff on yourself.
– When you get Crusader Strike, use it when ever it is up! (This is an extra attack that also does slightly higher damage.)
– When you get Divine Storm, use it when ever it’s up! (The same as Warrior’s Whirlwind, but it also heals you.)
– When you get Divine Plea, use it when you are low on mana.
– Learn your Resistance Auras. Some bosses do a hell of alot of damage from a school of magic you can protect against.
– Remember to buff other party members with your Blessings. Also give the approprite buff: don’t give a Warlock BoM, like-wise don’t give a Warrior BoW.
– When healing use BoW on your self. This way you will regain the mana quicker as heals cost a large amount.
– Just heal yourself with Flash of Light whenever you need to heal. (Helped with by the The Art of War talent, which will give you instant flash of light heals after doing Crits with your moves.)
– Bandages help as well, use this if you have the feeling you are using to much mana (to heal).
– There a few oh**** methods when you can use to protect your self when you are low on health. You could:
– Use Hammer of Justice and then use a Heal.
– Use Repentence (once gained through talents) and then use a Heal.
– Use Divine Protection and then use a heal; or quickly kill the target if it is on low health then heal up.
– Skinning/Mining: The best options are Skinning/Mining, since they make lots of money. Skinning gives critical strike rating and mining gives extra maximum health. These bonuses are quite minor and don’t really have any big impact in end-game (they DO give an edge on lower levels).
– Mining/Blacksmith: Many plate class players usually pick this one up on at least ONE of their characters, because it allows them to create their own gear.
( Strength > Stamina means Strength is more important than Stamina)
Stamina: Needed for additional maximum health.
Intellect: Needed for mana, also gives spell critical strike chance. Needed for the heals and other spells.
Agility: Needed for Critical strike chance, also gives armor.
Mana Per 5 Seconds: You won’t see this much until outland, and that is probably the only place you’ll need it as in Northrend you’ll be using Divine Plea for mana.
Spirit: Basically worthless for a Retribution paladin. It speeds up your health regeneration (when out of combat) and mana regeneration (when not casting).
« Heirlooms bind to the account, as opposed to an individual character. This means they can be mailed (even after been used) to any character that shares the same account and server, including those of opposing faction.«
*These are also suggested for Death Knights/Warriors (you can use these same items for all of them)
Heirlooms (search for the names here):
– Polished Breastplate of Valor -> 50 VPs (Chest)
– Polished Spaulders of Valor -> 50 VPs (Shoulders)
– Bloodied Arcanite Reaper -> 50 VPs (2H Axe)
– Swift Hand of Justice (2x) -> 50 VPs (Trinkets)
Glyph of Seal of Command
Glyph of Crusader Strike
Glyph of Hammer of Wrath
Glyph of Blessing of Might
Glyph of Lay on Hands
More coming (soon*)