Shaman Enhancement 1-80 Leveling Talent Build & Guide (3.3.5)
We Shamans, much like our « cousins », druids, are hybrids (as are paladins), which means that we can fill pretty much any role (off-tanking, but not tanking), but not as efficiently as an other class could. For example, Priests will still have higher heals and Mages will still leave us behind on dps meters. However, Enhancement Shamans have very good raid buffs, so that makes us very useful (and wanted) in raids.
« Remember, not only one’s dps matters »
Table of content:
3. Abilities and Rotations.
6. Heirloom Gear
7. Totem Quests
10 – 14: Ancestral Knowledge – 5/5.
15 – 19: Thundering Strikes – 5/5
20 – 20: Shamanistic Focus – 1/1
21 – 22: Improved Ghost Wolf – 2/2
23 – 24: Elemental Weapons (only 2) – 2/3
25 – 29: Flurry – 5/5
30 – 30: Spirit Weapons – 1/1
31 – 33: Mental Dexterity – 3/3
34 – 34: Elemental Weapons – 3/3.
35 – 37: Unleashed Rage – 3/3
38 – 39: Weapon Mastery (only 2) – 2/3
40 – 40: Stormstrike – 1/1
41 – 41: Dual Wield – 1/1
42 – 44: Dual Wield Specialization – 3/3
45 – 45: Lava Lash – 1/1
46 – 47: Improved Stormstrike – 2/2
48 – 49: Static Shock (only 2) – 2/3
50 – 50: Shamanistic Rage – 1/1
51 – 51: Static Shock – 3/3
52 – 54: Mental Quickness – 3/3
55 – 59: Maelstrom Weapon – 5/5
60 – 60: Feral Spirit – 1/1
TALENT BUILD UNTIL 60: 0/51/0
61 – 65: Concussion – 5/5
66 – 68: Elemental Devastation – 3/3
69 – 70: Elemental Warding (only 2) – 2/3
71 – 75: Elemental Fury – 5/5
76 – 76: Elemental Focus – 1/1
77 – 80: Reverberation (only 4) – 4/5
FINAL TALENT BUILD: 20/51/0
– Until you gain Earth Shock, simply spam Lightning Bolt.
– When you get Earth Shock, keep casting Lightning Bolt until your target is in melee range. Then start using Earth Shock and auto attack.
– Aways keep up Lightning Shield (it has 3 stacks).
– Enchant your weapon with Rockbiter.
– Use the best DPS weapon, be it a 1h + shield or 2H (the slow weapon part does not apply here, because we don’t have Windfury yet) Rotation: Auto attack + Earth Shock. Pull with Lightning Bolt. Always keep up Lightning Shield.
10 – 19:
– Same as above but:
– Use Flametongue instead of Rockbiter.
– You might want to use a fast weapon, so that Flametongue hits more (which does more damage than it would on a slow weapon).
Rotation: Lightning Bolt, until the mob is near you, then spam Earth Shock while auto attacking. Again, always keep up Lightning Shield.
20 – 29:
From now on, we will be using a method I like to call ‘Shield Twisting’. All you have to do is keep a balance between Lightning Shield and Water Shield. Water Shield gives mana, but more than what we need. Lightning Shield gives free damage when you are hit
Rotation: Lightning Bolt, until the mob is near you, then spam Earth Shock while auto attacking.
30 – 39:
– Use the Windfury weapon enchant.
– Always take a 2H weapon with a speed of 3.0 or more.
– Don’t forget the Shield Twisting method.
Rotation: Pull with Lightning Bolt, then Auto attack + Earth Shock.
40 – 49:
Okay, so you’ve finally made it to level 40. Ready to rock? Because now we get our key abilities: Dual Wield, Stormstrike and Lava Lash. The fun can now begin!
– Keep yourself from dual wielding before level 44, because otherwise you will simply « miss » too much without the +hit talents.
– Keep Windfury on both weapons (after level 44).
Rotation: Stormstrike > Earth Shock > Lava Lash > Shield Twist.
Note: Although I call this a rotation; you’ll notice that after a while, you’ll simply be using the first ability that pops up from the cooldown. That’s why from now on you’ll see « priority list » instead of « rotation ».
50 – 75:
As explained above, you’ll now have a priority list rather than a rotation.
– Use Shamanistic Rage when you’re out of mana.
– Again, don’t forget the Shield Twisting method.
Priority list: Stormstrike > Earth Shock > Lava Lash.
Whenever you have 4/5 or 5/5 Mealstrom Weapon, use Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning, (use Chain Lightning preferrably only on AoE). Try to have the Stormstrike debuff on the target before pulling this one out. You should try to this when there is a gap between your cooldowns.
75 – 80:
– Use Windfury weapon enchant on main hand and Flametongue on your off-hand. You should still take a slow off-hand, because Stormstrike, Lava Lash and Windfury will still be used.
– Use Shamanistic Rage at 40% mana, or at least close to. Always use it when you’re about to start a fight, since it ‘procs’ from attacks, you’ll want to make the most of it every time you use it.
– Again, don’t forget the Shield Twisting method.
– Again, do a 5/5 Mealstrom Weapon when their is a gap between your cooldowns.
– Use Earthliving if you know you are going to heal in an instance.
– Whenever you are at a boss fight, drop: Strenght of Earth, Flametongue totem, Windfury Totem and Healing/Mana stream totem.[/b]
– Just heal yourself with Lesser Healing Wave whenever you need to heal. Once you get Maelstrom Weapon, use that to get instant/short Healing Waves (or Lightning Bolt/Chain Lightning)
– If you’re multi-pulling, use Stoneclaw Totem to crowd control.
– You can also pop your Spirit Wolves to help with packs, since they can heal you.
The best options money wise are Skinning/Mining because they make lots of money on the Auction House. Skinning also gives critical strike rating and mining gives extra stamina, which scales with buffs like Blessing of Kings. These bonuses are small and don’t make almost any difference in end-game, so these professions are completely option.
4. Mana Per 5 Seconds: You won’t see this a lot until Outland, but Water Shield gives this as well. It basically gives you a certain amount of mana every five seconds. But since patch 3.0 the mana gained from it flows in very smoothly. The the term « MP/5 » is still used however.
7. Heirloom Gear.
« Heirlooms bind to the account, as opposed to an individual character. This means they can be mailed to any character that shares the same account and server, including those of opposing faction. »
Combinations have the same color, and are under each other.
Lvl 37 – 2H – Ravager Lvl 35 – 1H – Mallet of Zul’Farrak, Note: you can get this weapon at level 35, but this thing is very powerful. It can last ’till Outland. Imo, this weapon is a good choice you won’t regret – Thanks to Lycander for letting me know about this weapon.
8. Totem Quests
The earth totem quest for Taurens
The earth totem quest for Draenei’s
The fire totem quest for Draenei’s
The fire totem quest for Tauren’s
The water totem quest for Taurens
The water totem quest for Draenei’s
The air totem quest for Taurens
If you by accident accept the quest that teleports you to the top of a mountain, don’t be afraid; just jump off the wooden plank and you will get teleported back to the quest giver!
The air totem quest for Draenei’s
Glyph of Lightning Shield
Glyph of Stormstrike
Glyph of Shocking or Glyph of Water Mastery – Your choice.
Glyph of Water Shield
Glyph of Water Walking
Glyph of Ghost Wolf or Glyph of Water Breathing – Again, your choice.
- Call of Elements – It’s an addon that creates new bars for your totems, tells you when your totems are going to expire and/or are destroyed, and when your weapon enchant expires.
- ShieldsUp – It’s an addon that helps you with refreshing your shields by telling you when your Water/Lightning/Earth Shield fades.
- Windfury Cooldown Timer – This addon shows you the invisible cooldown of Windfury. If you want, you can use Stormstrike or Lava Lash so that it can proc Windfury.
- RatingBuster – The design aim of RatingBuster is to provide detailed, meaningful and customizable information about items and their stats so you can easily decide for yourself which items are better for you.
- Crap Away – Crap Awat adds a button to vendor-windows which, if clicked on, sells all the grey items you have in your inventory.
- XBar – Xbar creates action bars for useful things, such as Track spells (for hunters), Buffs, Companions, and of course, Totems!
- ArkInventory – Arkinventory is a bag addon, which allows you te create seperate windows for different kinds of items (basically, it creates several virtual bags). It also shows the vendor price of items.